Don’t buy stuff you don’t need!
I just wanted to share this to those who have trouble wanting things they don’t need.
You don’t need to catchup with friends who show off! You don’t need the latest iphone or car to display your affection to your peers.
How not to buy stuff you don’t need?
1. Do not give a shit what other people think.
2. Put a spending limit on your habits and stick to it religiously.
3. Set a realistic saving goal for a purpose. (e.g. I plan to save at least 100K this year so I can invest it for my kids education)
According to Amitai Etzioni, all you really need to feel fulfilled is:
- Solid relationships with family and friends.
- Personal enlightenment
- Contribution/participation to community.
This gentleman knows what he’s talking about!
Doing all these do take some effort but these things can last for a lifetime.
Like the man said! Before buying something, ask yourself if you really need it!