Feeling old? Is life boring you to hell? You could be suffering from horizontitis! lol, Horizontitis is a condition in which people affected have a limit to their horizons. This could be dangerous because horizontitis leads to a lack of creativity. Not being creative can significantly raise the risk of leading to a path to ultimate failure for anyone. It doesn’t matter if you’re an experienced political leader, chess master or a well known artist. Here are some tips that can help expand your horizons and defeat horizontitis*! . )
- Be flexible. Don’t always follow the same routine or rules. Try something new! I know too many photographers who stick to just one genre, or artists who stick with one type of art. If you want to learn and expand your horizons, try new things while developing your own style.
- Get out of your comfort zone. People tend to stop pushing themselves once they get comfortable. Although it is good to be comfortable every now and then, always being comfortable is a death-wish for any business. You need to constantly keep challenging yourself and others. As a tip, if you have money, try putting an amount of that in an no-touch account or better yet, donate it to charity and see how long you can last just with your wits! From personal experiences, after quitting my job and having no income for several months, I started to become creative above my known ability because I didn’t have money to solve my problems. Money is quite powerful when you have it, but it’s also powerful when you don’t! Unexpectedly, this creativity led to a creation of one of my businesses that continues to stand strong to this day.
- Dare yourself to do things you don’t normally do. For example, the above tip! I dare you to donate all your cash to charity. How about quitting your shitty job right now? If not, then learn something you don’t really understand. Travel alone to a 3rd world country, try new foods, and etc. There are risks involved. Actually, there’s a risk in everything. But doing something you don’t always do helps you understand yourself better. Just don’t do something like jump head first into a shallow riverbed or anything that can physically affect your life forever!
- Challenge people, rules, protocol, and tradition. What I specifically mean here is to challenge the routine way of thinking. For some, this could be scary, but being a rogue and challenging people or tradition not only helps you develop your personal reactions, it helps you and others understand each other better. Just remember to be respectful and polite. Being able to challenge someone without getting into a fight is a valuable skill coveted by any kind martial master. Being able to win without fighting at all is beyond awesome. I’m not joking!
- Don’t be afraid to fail. People are not perfect and along the road, I fucked up a lot things from opportunities to relationships. However, I have no regrets because I take responsibility for my actions. To be honest, I have no regrets because messing up help make me learn from my mistakes which I would have never learned if I didn’t mess up in the first place. Learning from your mistakes and using those experience to help yourself grow into a better person is the goal here. I my words, fuck being perfect. What’s the point of living if you’re already perfect?
Good luck. These are just somethings I wanted share to anyone. It doesn’t matter if you’re young or old, in school or starting a business. These tips help me expand my way of thinking and I hope they expand your horizons!
*Horizontitis is a made up word I made out of the blue!